1.06.2009

Welcome 2009!

Let's give 2009 a chance to turn around
and make our lives a little better.



Brad and I have not been out on New Years Eve since The Grateful Dead closed Winterland in San Francisco in 1978! We just don't do that kind of thing. But when we heard that our favorite singer (Dave Alvin) was going to be in our favorite club (Crystal Bay), we decided that we had to be there, breaking our 30 year old record.



We splurged on a private table, which is kinda funny, since I never sat down. I stood right up front the whole night. We also rented a room at Crystal Bay, which we usually don't do. And they actually did all the NYE stuff--funny hats, champagne, confetti blown out of a cannon, Dave even sang Auld Lang Syne, which I did not expect. It was a night that I will never forget.

1 comment:

Delena said...

Good for you.! Sounds like you had a blast. Jim and I never really celebrate New Years Eve anymore either. This year he played cards and I watched Mama-Mia movie with the girls. We were in bed by 11 pm. All in all it was enjoyable though.