5.20.2008

The Return of Quick Hint Tuesday


Thrilled me greatly to find these glass coasters at a thrift store for $3. Took me less than three minutes to cut out photos that I had laying around here and slip them into a pocket on the back. I can change them anytime I want. Go to a thrift store and find a treasure.

Artichoke dressing~In a blender, mix some marinated artichoke hearts with 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/8 cup of vinegar, a teaspoon of Dijon mustard and a little pinch of salt. By the way, one of my best finds lately is White Balsamic Vinegar from Trader Joe's~it goes very well in this dressing, on cucumbers, or beets.

Minor's Chicken Base from Costco~This is a little tub of chicken bullion that you can use in place of chicken stock. You mix one teaspoon to a cup of water. I like it because there are not 16 cans of chicken stock filling up my pantry. Watch out though, it's pretty salty.

idrive.com~this company offers an external off-site encrypted back-up of all your personal files on your computer. I did all my pictures, music files, and Word documents. You get up to 2G for free. Or $4.95 a month for unlimited personal use (business use is more). It backs up every night! Absolute peace of mind if anything happens to my laptop.

No comments: