7.25.2007

Randomness

Somethings that have been rumbling around me lately:

Solar cookers for the women of Darfur—Listening to a NPR story about the dangers women face of rape and murder while scrounging for firewood reminded me to donate to Darfur Peace and Development, an organization that provides solar cookers for the people of Darfur.

This is what you find in your refrigerator if you ask Amy to cut up a cantaloupe:

Have I mentioned that Amy’s boyfriend, Ty, is a chef at an exclusive resort? He’s just 21 and he loves cooking. Last night for our picnic he made dates, stuffed with almonds, and wrapped in bacon. Ohmygod, yummy! Oh and a panzanella salad too! Not a bad catch.

This week I planted a little herb garden: mint, lemon balm, sage, oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary and a few flowers, just to have little cuttings when I want to spark up food with fresh flavors.

I am trying to get in the habit of using a moleskine notebook, in which I spent a long time numbering all the pages and making an index. I have decided to only use it for the good stuff in my life, like the postcard project and landscape plans and fun things I want to do, not boring or annoying things like making dentist appointments.

There is a new Nevada license plate that actually shows how to pronounce Nuh-vaaa-duh, not Nuh-vaw-duh. I think it’s very funny that locals get tweeked if you say it wrong. When Bush mis-pronounced it a few years ago, they wouldn’t let it go for months.

I need to upload my photos to flickr. I went ahead and got a pro account, but I can't seem to find the time to organize the pictures and finish this.

Happy Birthday to my sister, Karen! Even though she's a long way from me, I think about her all the time.

No comments: