2.25.2007

Somethings I’ll Remember about Baja



Finally got enough wind for Eddie to spend the day on the water. I am a total amateur at taking action shots, but I sent the camera on fast settings and went for it. He’s very quick and I took over 300 pics with my hair whipping in my eyes, sand blasting my lens, and the wind gusts jostling my arm back and forth. I think I did alright.

Drinking Sex on the Beach in a café on the Malecon of La Paz, the waterfront walkway. It’s a pleasant way to spend some time, watching the bay, the boats, and the people going by.

Riding along a remote beach and up an arroyo on an ATV. I told Brad, “it’s like being at the end of the earth.”

Listening to stories about riding out Hurricane John, a category 4 storm, from Eddie and Cheri’s friend, Brian. He said that they just drank tequila and then more tequila. In retrospect, that probably wasn’t the best choice. When things started banging off the walls outside, the floor flooded, and the electricity went out around 2AM, it was no longer just for the fun of it.

Dreaming about what it would be like to have a house here. It’s so remote, so undiscovered, so adventurous. I can totally picture it and then again, I can’t. Is it worth it? We’ve seen Los Barriles before the hit, Norosa during the hit, and now La Ventana. From a financial perspective, it always seems wise to get in before everyone else.
________________________

If you’re interested in learning more about this area, look at bajainsider.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mom sounds wonderful. We can't wait until we go in April. You and dad should build a house there. We'll use it Ha Ha Ha! Any way I enjoyed all of your mexiblogs. We miss ya and love ya.

Jeremy and Dawn