11.20.2006

Mondays

I know most people dread Mondays, but I kind of like them. They give me a chance to put my life back together. If we’ve been gone for the weekend or I’ve been extra lazy on Sunday, I get an opportunity to keep the edges of life from fraying.

I do these things in no particular order:
Put away all the items that have been scattered about
Clean the kitchen counters
Wipe fingerprints off the microwave, frig and stove
Unload the dishwasher, load it back up again if needed
Vacuum edges of kitchen floor
Change the sheets, fluff the bed, and throw in a load of laundry
Change the towels in the bathroom
Wind the hall clock, water the plants
Take out the trash from the office, study, and bathrooms
Clear old stuff out of frig, take out kitchen trash

None of these things take more than a few minutes. I save heavier housework like vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, etc for later in the week.

In the shower, I deep condition my hair, shave my whole legs (all the way down to my hairy toes), use body scrub instead of soap. This usually takes about three minutes longer than normal. I make sure to moisturize 'cause it's probably the only time all week that I'll remember to do it.

Then I move into the office, going through all the paperwork. I don’t have to actually do any of the work, if I don’t feel like it. I just put it where it belongs and make lists of what needs to be accomplished during the week. This gives me the rest of the week for appointments, projects and errands.

I always do a clean up on the computers. I run the disk defrag, the spyware program, the disk clean-up. Then I restart them. This seems to keep them running well enough.

If I work diligently, I can finish all this by lunchtime. And the rest of my week runs smoother because of it.

If you work and need to be there on Monday mornings, pick another time, maybe Tuesday evenings. Will you share what systems to you use to make your life better? We all need help in this department.

2 comments:

Georgie said...

Cathy,

Your organizational skills are evident when anyone enters your beautiful, warm, inviting home.

Mom

Anonymous said...

did you have to tell them about the hairy toes?