10.02.2008

Now You're Cooking


My mom gave up a month of her life and a lot of her money to have this kitchen turned into something beautiful. The house that I grew up in was built in 1962 and the kitchen was pretty close to original. The granite countertop alone is heart stopping. Almost all the cupboards were replaced. She kept the flooring, the frig, the microwave, and the dishwasher. That helped keep the costs down. She wisely used one of those all-inclusive services called Kitchen Mart, and they really did it all. They came back several times to makes sure every detail was the way she wanted it.





My favorite parts are the little triangular phone spot in the corner, and the crushed granite sink. The wallpaper we choose together, a fresh modern green leaf pattern with silver highlights that glow in certain lights. I am so proud of her for taking on such a big project alone and now she will reap the rewards for years to come.

1 comment:

Delena said...

Oh, it is beautiful. I love the granite counter. I have fake granite...! The pictures show a very warm inviting kitchen. It looks country and homey. I like the little telephone nook also and I especially like the stove top and oven in the wall.