12.20.2007

My Tea Mug


My Tea Mug, originally uploaded by c8mills.

I am once again finding myself in a flickr frenzy. I love joining different groups and commenting on other people's photos. It's fun to see what response you get. If you are at all interested in photography, I highly recommend going on the site and playing around.

Last night I had a woman, a good photographer, write a personal message to me, asking me to explain what depth of field is. She had no idea what the technical term is, although she was quite good as producing the results. I told her that it means a close up shot, with the foreground in focus and the rest blurry. Now she is a new contact.

Earlier this week, another woman commented on my pictures. When I went to look at her stuff, I was amazed to see so many similar photos to mine. There are probably ten photos that you could put side by side. We look at things the same way. Her camera is identical to mine. How weird is that?

I took this photo a few weeks ago. Drinking tea has been a constant in my life since I was very young. This picture captures my love of it perfectly. The way the light was playing in the steam caught my eye. The S swirl at the top, the sunlight flare on the handle. I did not photoshop this at all, that's the way it looked to me that morning, and that's the way it came out.

You can see all of my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/homestretching/

1 comment:

Tina Vega said...

Hi Cathy - I, too, am a Flickr fan and just found your blog via your photostream (it caught my attention that you were also an Ali Edwards fan). I look forward to browsing through your blog!! It's always so much fun to find another resource for inspiration...