10.03.2007

Artist’s Date: Scrapbook Store




I’ll use any excuse to be able to go to the scrapbook store. There used to only be two in all of Reno, and now there are at least seven, with one of the best close to my house! Even if you aren’t into scrapbooking, it’s worth a trip to check out all the potential to add new dimensions to your life. Since I have all the basic tools necessary (cutters, scissors, adhesives), I mostly spend my time looking at paper possibilities, glorious, beautiful colors and textures. Stickers and embellishments occupy my mind too.

If you just look at it as an art supply store, you’ll be amazed at what you can find. Colorful marking pens, and paint, and letter stickers, and eyelets, and ribbons, and more, and more. They usually have a craft corner with tables and die-cut machines that you can use.

At the very least, you simply must get a red-eye pen. It’s a greenish felt tip marker that you dot on red eyes in photos. I’m telling you, my son and daughter-in-law’s wedding album would be a disaster without this vital item. I have a single male friend who likes to take concert photos. He asked me what to do about all the red eyes and I bought him one of these pens, because I really couldn’t see him traipsing through the scrapbook store, asking for one himself. He was very grateful.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love scrapbook stores...and stationary stores...and fabric stores...

I got your swap postcard the other day and it just rocked, Cathy! It was very well done and I really needed that giggle from the cartoon!