6.26.2007

Memorials




Yesterday we celebrated Bill Mills with a truly lovely memorial, with full military honors. Today we buried my father with a quiet ceremony at the graveside. I think it has been my privilege to know these noble men. It has been a time full of emotions, both happy and sad, reunions with long lost friends and relatives, and tearful good-byes. We've lost three parents in nine months. Right now, I feel exhausted from all of this pulling on my heart. We need to return to life, savor the moments we have now and find the joy of being alive with those we have.

*photo credit to Wayne Magon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, moving service to honor Bill's life. The 21 gun salute and the flag folding ceremony were so emotional. Following that with today's burial has left me drained. I have not been able to do anything but lay on the couch and hope for a better tomorrow.

Great photo's Wayne

Mom