5.28.2007

Ancient Postcard

I was stunned when I found this 1908 postcard of Llandudno, North Wales, in an antique shop in Reno, NV. This is where my family is from. My mother grew up in this town. The view is of The Great Orme, a large limestone hill that juts into the sea. Standing in the shop, I instantly recognized it because I have actually performed on that little stage there. (It’s gone now). My granny in buried in the cemetery that is just over the little hill on the right side of the photo.

And we will be there this week. I am going with my mom, my daughter, my sister and her family. We will spend two weeks there in Llandudno, some time in the Cotswolds at mom’s cousin’s house and then to my uncle’s house near Stratford. I am really hoping that I will be able to keep up on the blog while I’m gone. If not, I’ll have lots of stories when I get home around June 20th.

No comments: