12.12.2006

Tuesday Quick Hints

Neutrogena Nail Enhancer: My whole life I haven’t been able to grow my fingernails. I’m not a nail biter, per se, but they split and peel on me. Nail polish and nail strengtheners just made it worst, so I gave up. This is the first time I have been able to grow them. I brush this on every day, usually while I want a break from typing. You can be as sloppy as you want, it dries clear and smooth, but not shiny.

Panko bread crumbs: It’s the answer to why Chinese lemon chicken is so crunchy after it’s cooked. You find them in the Asian section and they’re so much better than plain ‘o bread crumbs. Substitute them next time you make pork chops.

Spam opt-out: You can cut down on the amount of junk email you get by registering at dmaconsumers.org/consumers/optoutform_emps.shtml

Drink Citrus: I have been victim of two horrific kidney stones and I never want to go through that again, so in addition to drinking lots of water, the doctor told me to drink a glass of citrus juice a day. My new passion is the Simply Limeade. It’s 12 percent pure juice. I usually mix it with water or green tea to cut down on the calorie consumption. Just remember to rinse your mouth with water afterwards; citrus is as bad for your teeth as it is for kidney stones.

No comments: