9.04.2008

Red Pepper Dipping Sauce

I've wanted to make this for a long time. Cruising around the internet, I jotted ideas until I had a good ingredient list, then whipped it all up in the food processor. Of course, like all of my cooking, there are no exact measurements. Use what you have to your own taste.

2 jars of roasted red peppers (I used Trader Joe's 7.4 oz. jars)
red wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
olive oil
garlic cloves
salt + pepper
sugar
parsley (I used cilantro)

I whirled the whole garlic with the olive oil first, then added the peppers and other ingredients. Add the parsley last and just barely mix.

It turned out great, but if you want it spicier, you could add chipolte.

So, what would you use it for? Here's some ideas: pastas, pizzas, potatoes, bruschetta

No comments: