8.28.2008

Rocky Horror Picture Show

-

Have you ever done this? Each year, Reno has what they call the largest free showing of Rocky Horror in the US. I don't know if it's true or not, but it doesn't matter, because it's fun! I'm guessing 4,000-5,000 people dressed in various states of costumes, bringing tons of props with them. It seemed like Brad and I were the only ones without newspaper and we deservedly got wet.

There is about an hour "pre-show" put on by a theater company from San Francisco called Body Cast. They have a costume contest, initiate the virgins, and teach everyone how to Time Warp. It takes awhile, but gets the crowd hyped up.

I have to admit that I've forgotten 90% of the audience participation lines, but enjoyed the enthusiasm of the crowd as they shouted them out. I heard that they are re-making it, but there can never be a better Frankenfurter than Tim Curry. I can't take my eyes off of him.

No comments: