2.28.2008

What's Good Today?

I'm a slow waker. On purpose. I love that dreamy half wake morning feeling and I prolong it as much as possible. I'm not in a bad mood; I am just transitioning. As opposed to Brad, who is a chipper waker. He jumps out of bed with a smile, ready to attack the day. Which is fine by me, because I get the whole warm bed to myself. Until he comes back in with my tea and the computer (which is wonderful), and wants to talk. That's where I draw the line. I do not want to talk when I wake up. At all.

So, one of the ways I convince myself to rejoin the world is to ask myself every day before getting out of bed, "What do I have to look forward to today?" I need to choose just one thing that will make me happy. Usually that is quite easy; the first thing that pops into my head works. (For example, tonight is book club, perfect). But other times, I have to put some effort into choosing. Maybe I plan a trip to the library to get a new book or a special food to cook. It's enough to know there is going to be a little bit of pleasure coming my way to get me up and moving.

No comments: