5.07.2007

My Reading List

Over to the right you see a list of books that I’ve read recently. This is not in anyway a recommendation of these books. Many of them I didn’t like at all. It’s more just to keep track of what I’ve read.

I have a spreadsheet with every book I’ve ever read since I’ve been an adult. I kept losing track of what I read, so I made a list. It has 386 books on it so far. Every once and awhile I remember something else that hasn’t been listed. Now my problem is that I forget to update it with the latest things.

I don’t want to go over the strengths and weaknesses of all the books listed on the right. I’ll summarize by catagories. I highly recommend: Water for Elephants, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Leaving the Saints, The Glass Castle, Broken for You, The Thirteenth Tale, everything by David Sedaris. Books that are worth reading for various reasons: The Namesake, Sky Burial, The Human Stain, East of Eden. I hated reading The Book Thief, but I think it’s important to read. Do not read: The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint, The Plot Against America, or Something Borrowed.

Also, I have a list of pending books. These are books that I intend to read, but don’t necessarily read. It’s sad, because I have so many books piled up here that I want to get to, but it’s just not possible. I am coming to terms with my limited capacity to keep up. Of course, if I didn’t spend all my time on the computer, I could read more. It’s all a balancing act. By natural selection, some rise to the top, others sink below.

No comments: