2.03.2007

Ready for Mexico?


Yikes! I have realized that I have two weeks before we leave for Mexico and there is a very real possibility that I might be seen wearing a bathing suit by people who actually know me in the very near future. Last time I wore a bathing suit was in Costa Rica, where I knew no one except Brad and he knows what I look like naked. You tend to ignore these things in the winter, but my skin has turned pasty white in the “cover-up” months.

And as always, I think I would be fine if I could lose just a few more pounds. Always hovering right on that edge of being “good enough.” For all my talk of self-acceptance and living healthy, I am very self critical of my looks and cannot make myself be comfortable with the idea of walking around in a bathing suit.

So, what’s the plan? Two weeks of drinking water or tea (not juice), eating whole fruits (not dried), more veggies. No candy, treats, fats, white bread and butter. Walk everyday. Increase weight resistance training to every other day and stick with it. I’m not delusional, this won’t change my life in two weeks, but it might make me a little more at ease with myself.

PS I am horrified to post this photo that Brad took of me at Tabacon last winter, but it went with the theme.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry be happy, you have a wonderful life and a wonderful man that loves your very much for who you are. Have fun in Mexico