1.16.2007

Tuesday Quick Hints

Red pepper cellars: These gorgeous little salt cellars were a gift from my mother-in-law. Because our lives are not the type where we would actually use salt cellars at the table, they are just enjoyed for their beauty. One night we had guests for dinner; some wanted spicy food, others definitely did not. I solved the problem by putting hot red pepper flakes in the salt cellars. Everyone could use the little spoons to sprinkle on the amount they wanted.

Flickr.com: I draw a lot of my inspiration visually and this is true eye candy for me. Go to website and hit the “the last 7 days” under Explore Flickr. It takes us to see the pictures with the most interestingness. Another thing to do is do a search on a particular subject, for example “Wales” and make sure you choose “most interesting” and be prepared to be swept away.

Sautéed veggies with brown butter and lemon: You can do this with pretty much any vegetable; I like green beans, carrots, or asparagus. Cook some butter in a frying pan until it foams and starts to turn brown, (add some nuts: sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, pine nuts, if you like), add the veggies, cook until tender, squeeze lemon juice over the top. You’re done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy has made these veggies for me and they are very good. Now I know how to make them for myself!

Anonymous said...

The salt cellars are a wonderful glimpse into a more formal and elegant time. I can see in my mind a lovely dinner party. A beautiful, large dinningroom, Beautiful hardwood floors. A beautiful chandelier with candles glowing. The table is set with pretty china, silverware and chrystal glasses. The ladies are dressed in lovesly dresses of the late 1800's. Conversation is abundant, but in soft tones. Wouldn't it be fun to attend one of those dinner parties. Let your mind take you to times gone by, it keeps you in touch with history. Love Jan

kelly rae said...

thank so much for the flickr tips! i only post, but haven't used it much interactively - i need to. i think it's such a great site. have you seen their little "moo" cards they're offering now?